Our sweet sweet girl!

Our sweet sweet girl!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Led by Him to VICTORY in EVERY situation

Its been a couple of years since I've even sat down at a computer to write out my own blog! I am a HUGE FAN of lots of other peoples blogs out there but it has been a while since I have took time to just sit and write out what is on my heart, what we are up to, and the things we go through on a day to day basis!

So, why now? Not only has life changed dramatically over the past 3.5 years but today its about to change even more. I was up all night working on some projects, thinking, praying, getting emotional. Once I decided to go to bed, I crawled into bed with my girl and just squeezed her, I prayed long and hard over her for a good hour to two hours. I slept for about 4.5 hours, woke up, put on some shoes, took a long walk, watched the sun rise as I just prayed blessings over my husband, my Trinity, and my Trey. As little of a change this may be for some, THIS full time mama is wondering, "If I have done my job?" and "Is my girl ready?"

I spoke with my grandpa yesterday morning (we speak often). And as I expressed to him how I felt, how she feels, etc and as we laughed and told stories there is one thing that stuck out!! And as he told me a story about his little sister he told me that she was sooooo upset the day she started school because THAT was the day that she was put "into" the system! **ugh**

Laugh out loud! Grandpa and his bluntness! When he told me that story I heard grandma immediately in the background say " don't tell her that she is going to get depressed!" As CRAZY as that sounds its sooo true!!! As humans we go through life with all of these responsibilities! As a moms, our schedules are filled with household duties, paperwork, breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc etc! We have all of these "THINGS" that we have to do. But as a kid, what freedom, what a life. I think the biggest stress in Trinity's life these days is making sure we get out of the house RIGHT after dinner in time to make it to the BIG park before it gets dark! LOL

So the day has begun. Trinity is still sleeping. The sun is shining through our living room window. Bags are already pack and ready to go. And today we go to meet Trinity's very first teacher. We will walk into her very first classroom where we will see her very first school desk. We will find her very first school cubby. And we will go through her very first school schedule.

Ha. After all of that, you are probably like, "Really Savannah!" Yes, Really! Maybe its the "crazy" mom in me still, I mean, she is my first. But I think this is HUGE!! I just pray that Trinity and Ms/Mrs hit it off! I pray that everything I have done to prepare her to go into the "real world" supernaturally comes alive in her!! I pray that the second she walks into the room that His light would shine bright and that at that moment lives start to change!! I pray that even though she is in a Christian school and even at the age of 3 my sweet girl takes each and every opportunity she gets to share the love of Jesus!

This morning when I got home from my walk I sat on the porch and read. I went back and forth on things I have done in my parenting that I could do different. I prayed for wisdom and guidance. And then, I read this!

"It is His mercy toward us that enables us to hear Him and be led by Him to victory in EVERY situation!"


As I sat on my rocking chair and watched the sun rise. I couldn't help but smile and get all giddy. WHAT TRUTH!! It is now time to REST in that as I continue to listen to my heart and be led by Him to have victory in EVERY situation!

I encourage you to do same! Rest. Listen. Follow. Have VICTORY.

XOXO,
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment